Basket.

Angry little men, going about their angry little lives.
The honour is mine.

Monday, November 08, 2004

 
The eve of a day that I have at alternate times hoped never to come and hoped to come quicker. Mathematics, Paper 1 - half the percentage. I am surprisingly confident as of this moment, and buoyed by the fact that I will be, after tommorrow, halfway to being able to finally throw away the subject that has inflicted on me so much pain over such a long period of time.

Forgive more pedantic exultation, but the time is finally, finall, FINALLY near when I can stop caring about obtuse mathematical concepts I have no use for and even less interest in. Let those who love their pages and pages of numerical proof and forumlae go ahead and do them. I'm out of here.

I've never liked the subject. From Primary 1, when I got Band 3 (65) for the fucking end-of-year exam (if you remember, that is an awful grade to get for primary school) to the O-Levels (in Sec 3 I failed fully half my Maths tests and all but one of my Additional Maths tests) to the A-Levels (a sterling record thus far, counting only Common Tests, Promos and Prelim, of OOEED; I haven't passed a lecture test since last May). I hate to look at numbers, cold and rational. There is one answer - no argument. You don't get it, too bad for you. You don't get it after hours and hours of effort, too bad for you. The numbers will not change and the answer will not change. It will remain, staring balefully, mockingly, back at you.

I see no use for it. I see no meaning in it. So what if I can integrate x^2cos2x? So what if I can sketch y = (7x^2 - 3x)/(3x^3 + 3)? What is the use? I couldn't care less about where the minimum point of the curve x^2/3 + 6x - 7 = 0 is. It seems that these things exist only to vex me and make my life so much harder.

Second rant in as many posts on this subject. Apologies if those reading get sick of it.

Twelve years of hurt. It ends soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003   07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003   08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005   12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006   05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006   06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006   07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006   08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006   09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006   10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006   11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007   02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007   04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007   05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007   06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007   07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007   08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007   09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007   10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008   02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008   03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008   04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008   06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008   10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008   11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008   01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009   03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009   04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009   06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009   07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009   10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009   11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009  

People

  • 1A01C 03
  • Gregory
  • Justin
  • Kenneth
  • Lam
  • Melvin
  • Shuang Ning
  • Winston
  • Yeo
  • Links

  • S*P
  • Bobbin
  • Striptease
  • TalkingCock
  • Scarygoround
  • Penny Arcade
  • Diesel Sweeties
  • Students' Sketchpad
  • Perry Bible Fellowship
  • My Links

  • A Wrong Turn.
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?