Basket.
Angry little men, going about their angry little lives.
The honour is mine.
Friday, August 12, 2005
Alright, I've had it. I am absolutely fed to the back teeth with the incredibly inconsiderate behaviour of so many of my fellow Singaporeans. From my dear neighbours who for some blessed reason or another love to wake up early and begin mangling "My Heart Will Go On" at nine-fucking-thirty in the morning, to ditzy teenagers who think it is perfectly alright to make as much noise as they bloody well please in a fucking public library, to goddamn mothers who take their snotty brats to the selfsame public library and then proceed to lose control of them, resulting in unbelievable amounts of noise pollution. Oh, and did I forget to mention those who, true to the spirit of "me, me, me - first, always", will use practically any means (largely physical) to be the foremost commuter to board the MRT train?
Seriously, what the fuck? Dear neighbours, I know singing may be your hobby and can offer you momentary escape from the daily pressures and struggles of the rat-race, and that your children must treasure and enjoy their carefree childhood days before the rigours of puberty begin to intrude, but could you just, you know, GIVE ME A BIT OF PEACE AND QUIET ONCE IN A BLOODY-FUCKING-WHILE?
Or if you want to sing, you could try being better at it. If it's loud but good, I don't think I would mind that much. As it is, it sounds like I'm living next to a monkey slaughterhouse. But I would prefer it if you could de-stress and your mongrel children enjoy their precious childhood years a little more quietly. I really can't take any more off-key "My Heart Will Go On" that goes on from the motherfucking early morning until the afternoon, and sometimes the evening as well. Yes, her heart can go on, but your singing can't.
Moving on. You, illiterate fuckwits in the library, are you making noise because you do not know what a library is? Last I checked, the commonly-accepted definition of "library" was not "place where I can make as much fucking noise as I bloody well want and no one is going to give a shit". So shut the fuck up or find somewhere else to hang out.
For the mothers, couldn't you take those terrestial forms of noise pollution you insist on calling "children" someplace else? That or you purchase a leash and a muzzle and then take them to the library. Because, frankly, I am utterly sick of children crying, screaming or running about recklessly in public libraries while I am trying to select a nice, new book I can bring home to digest. Especially if they narrowly miss hitting my damaged digit.
And you bastards on the MRT. Dare I ask if there is a prize to be won for being the first into the train? Because it's elementary courtesy to let those already in the train to alight first before you enter. Really, if there is money at stake perhaps I could understand, but as far as I know, there isn't, so be a little more patient, fucktards.
I think from all the above experiences we can see just how far our courtesy campaign and drive for a gracious society has got us. Really, I can just feel Singapore going forward in this new millenium, taking vast strides towards being a kinder, more considerate place to live in. Or it would, if Singaporeans can just see the error of their ways and work to change themselves.
And while I'm at it, I would like world peace and my finger whole again.
Archives
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008
11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008
01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009
04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009
06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009
07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009
10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009
11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009
People
1A01C 03
Gregory
Justin
Kenneth
Lam
Melvin
Shuang Ning
Winston
Yeo
Links
S*P
Bobbin
Striptease
TalkingCock
Scarygoround
Penny Arcade
Diesel Sweeties
Students' Sketchpad
Perry Bible Fellowship
My Links
A Wrong Turn.
