After partaking so much of the milk of human kindness in Thailand, I was brought rudely back down to earth today by the completely disgraceful behaviour of one of our citizens, on the bus ride home.
Well, I was on the way home this evening, and it so happened that the bus was fairly crowded. No trouble, I found a space to stand. Soon enough, two seats were vacated. A woman in her fifties took one seat, and put down what she was carrying on the other, still holding it in her hand. I decided to take the other seat; it was vacant, after all, and I thought I'll correct some rather inconsiderate behaviour while at it.
Upon trying to do the above, the lady discouraged me with her hand, still holding whatever produced she had purchased. I soon found out the cause - she was reserving the seat for her friend, who moved over from another seat.
If it had all ended there I would have no problem. Inconsiderate it was, yes, but relatively mild. But the first-mentioned woman would not let the matter rest.
I had settled into the seat her friend vacated, and she began haranguing me in a loud voice and insisting that she had been right to "chope" the seat and that everyone could see it. I turned to stare at her, hoping to discourage her awful behaviour with a cold glare, but being so thick-headed she obviously failed to get it. The bitch just would not shut the fuck up, and instead stared back like she wanted to start a fight. Laughable, of course; a woman in her fifties challenging a (relatively) healthy twenty-year-old to fisticuffs? On account of her age, I simply turned back and ignored her. Of course, she still would not shut up.
I realised it was impossible for me to remain silent. What is more, she turned out to be a fare cheat, and her friend too. Just before they got off, I went up to her. The resulting exchange (all originally in Chinese):
Me: Auntie, don't think I was just spinelessly sitting there and letting you scold me. The fact is, I don't want to quarrel with you on account of your age.
(Cunting bitch says something unintelligible, trying to interrupt me but dismally failing)
Me: Auntie, I just don't know how, being so uncouth and uncultivated, you are going to properly educate your children.
Cunting bitch: That's my own business and none of yours!
Me: If you want to be so completely unreasonable, I have nothing to say.
Cunting bitch (having got off bus): You are the one who is uncultivated. Think I'm afraid of you? Come down and let us settle this!
Ok, perhaps the good English made it a little surreal, but I am certain you can imagine all that in our peculiar brand of Chinese.
I would have taken her up on her offer, but you understand, I am constrained by certain things, such as my good upbringing and education - things which this fucking whore obviously lack. She as good as challenged me to a fight, and had I been less well brought up, or had there been no consequences to it, I would have caved her fucking skull in on the pavement. It is an incredible insult to be a fellow citizen to a cuntrag like that.
What makes things worse is the palpable contrast against what I observed in Thailand, especially on that first lonely night in Sukothai. What the fuck is wrong with our country? The future, I see and hear, is growing up apathetic, self-centred and mercenary; their elders and supposed betters have been shown to be uncouth, uncultivated and every bit as selfish. Just think, that cuntwhore from hell is someone's mother or grandmother, and she is out there setting a shining example on courtesy for her offspring, isn't she? Where the hell can we be headed with such a populace?
Also I have had it with our older generation. They keep thinking they have fucking seen it all, eaten more salt than we have rice, etc. Their tiresome self-righteous moralising is really grating. What I want to say is, look here: you do not
FUCKING KNOW EVERYTHING, and sometimes you
KNOW NOTHING, so I will thank you to shut the fuck up once in a fucking bloody while so I can hear myself think. The young this, the young that; why don't you bloody take a good look at yourself in the mirror once in a while? Being old does not give you the right to be an asshole, and being young does not take away my right to tell it to you in your face. And you will do well to remember: I have as much right to that bus/MRT seat as you do. I give it up to you out of the kindness of my heart and my respect for your advanced years. I am not in any way obliged to do so, and a seat on public transport is NOT you fucking entitlement.
Thankfully, the older generation are fossils, leftovers from an era long over, and with less and less influence over the way things are run. The sooner most of them go, the better. We'll have a quieter society if nothing else.