Basket.

Angry little men, going about their angry little lives.
The honour is mine.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

 
What better time to return than October, which remains my favourite month of the year. It seems safe to assume that whatever remains of my once-faithful readership is very faithful indeed if they are still vainly checking for updates by now, but then it's really all my fault.

A combination of not being in Singapore and lacking a general motivation to update explains the long absence, but now the inclination appears to have returned. Anyway, to sum up the past few months rather quickly, I went to three countries in just over six weeks, had a multitude of experiences you can read about at our travel blog if it is still extant, returned from Vietnam two days before school was scheduled to begin, and was promptly laid low by illness the very next day. I haven't been incapacitated by disease twice in a single calendar year since... 2005. Damn. It would appear my health is not as robust as I enjoy deluding myself into thinking. And seriously, it was gastric flu. Again. I am fed to the back teeth with that illness.

Fortunately, I recovered in time for the new academic year. Not much to say about that, because little of note usually occurs at NUS, for which I am actually glad. By now it's more than halfway through the semester and I'm re-learning the lesson that time flies, whether you are having fun or not.

In other news, the world appears to be a little more fucked up than usual, as the global financial crisis tightens and the tainted milk scare shows little sign of abating. Domestically, opposition politician J.B. Jeyaratnam died of a heart attack this week, and it was interesting reading our leaders' usual backhanded compliments and condolences. Rest in peace, I don't think there'll ever be anyone of his like ever again.

I also turn 22 the day after tommorrow, but it isn't very important to me really. At least it is a Saturday, which means I won't need to spend it taking a test (last year and various occasions throughout the 1990s and early 2000s) or buried in paperwork (the two years before last). It's a marker, I guess. One year older, maybe one year wiser. I can hope.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003   07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003   08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005   12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006   05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006   06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006   07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006   08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006   09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006   10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006   11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007   02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007   04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007   05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007   06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007   07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007   08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007   09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007   10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008   02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008   03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008   04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008   06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008   10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008   11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008   01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009   03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009   04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009   06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009   07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009   10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009   11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009  

People

  • 1A01C 03
  • Gregory
  • Justin
  • Kenneth
  • Lam
  • Melvin
  • Shuang Ning
  • Winston
  • Yeo
  • Links

  • S*P
  • Bobbin
  • Striptease
  • TalkingCock
  • Scarygoround
  • Penny Arcade
  • Diesel Sweeties
  • Students' Sketchpad
  • Perry Bible Fellowship
  • My Links

  • A Wrong Turn.
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?